Job Position:Catering Chef
formally trained at cooking or culinary schools
Experience:over 3 years
- Preparing quality food and presenting it in an attractive manner
- Follow safe food storage and handling guidelines and monitor her employees to make sure they comply as well.
- Recipes created must be standardized and accurate to guarantee conformity for each client.
- Should be resourceful and creative to effectively handle problems related to food shortages, food preparation mistakes and extra guests.
- Excellent cooking, baking and food presentation skills
- Well organized in planning the menu, assigning duties to staff and preparing the food.
- Math acumen is required to ensure the cost of the food stays within prescribed budget guidelines.
- Good communication abilities are required to help the client make menu choices, negotiate the terms of the catering contract and direct and motivate staff.